Library Donation Guidelines
Donation days are on Mondays from 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., with some exceptions. Please check the Library Calendar to confirm. Patrons are invited to donate a maximum of 4 bags. All donations MUST be dropped off at the Meeting Room doors (to the left of the main entrance). A Friends volunteer will be there to accept your donation.
If you have a donation larger than 4 bags, please email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
Donations will NO LONGER be accepted at the main entrance of the Library. Do not leave donations in front of the building or in the book drop.
The Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library will accept:
- Paperback and hard cover books of all genres in good condition
- Children’s and Young Adult books
- CDs and DVDs in good condition
- Classic and vintage titles in very good condition
We do not accept…
- Encyclopedias, magazines, or Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Cassette tapes, VHS, records
- Puzzles, games, toys
- Musty, moldy, or damp items. These items endanger our library and your home. Throw them away!
Other places to donate
Thank you for your adhering to our guidelines. Your donations make it possible for the Friends to fund museum passes and programs for our library.