Library Donation Guidelines
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the Library is currently not accepting ANY donations of materials at this time. Please DO NOT leave donations outside the Library or in the Library book drop. Any donations will be thrown out.
The Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library will accept books, CDs, and DVDs in good condition to sell at our book sales.
- Please pack donations so they lay flat in a sturdy box or paper bag, or place loose individual items on the donation cart near the Circulation Desk.
- Donations are accepted during library hours. Do not leave donations outside the library when the library is closed!
- Please call ahead (978-468-5577) if you have a large donation that is more than 1 box or 2 paper bags.
We do not accept…
- Textbooks with a publication date prior to 2000.
- Encyclopedias, magazines, or Reader’s Digest condensed books.
- Cassette tapes, records, puzzles, games, or toys.
- Musty, moldy, or damp items. These items endanger our library and your home. THROW THEM AWAY!
Other places to donate
Thank you for your adhering to our guidelines. Your donations make it possible for the Friends to fund museum passes and programs for our library.