Library Donation Guidelines
NEW INFORMATION ON BOOK DONATIONS (7/12/21): Book Donation Days will start Thursday, July 22. Patrons are invited to donate a maximum of 4 bags of donations every Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. All donations must be dropped off at the Meeting Room doors (to the left of the library main entrance.) A Friends volunteer will be there to accept your donation.
If you have a donation larger than 4 bags or cannot come on a Thursday, please email the Friends at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
Donations will NO LONGER be accepted at the main entrance of the Library. Do not leave donations in front of the building or in the book drop.
The Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library will accept:
- Paperback and hard cover books of all genres in good condition
- Children’s and Young Adult books
- CDs and DVDs in good condition
- Classic and vintage titles in very good condition
We do not accept…
- Encyclopedias, magazines, or Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Cassette tapes, VHS, records
- Puzzles, games, toys
- Musty, moldy, or damp items. These items endanger our library and your home. Throw them away!
Other places to donate
Thank you for your adhering to our guidelines. Your donations make it possible for the Friends to fund museum passes and programs for our library.